Links and references
1. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. The Effectiveness of Public Health Interventions to Promote the Duration of Breastfeeding; 2005. Available at: www.nice.org.uk (accessed 22 November 2008). See also National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Promotion of Breastfeeding Initiation and Duration; 2006. Available at: www.nice.org.uk (accessed 22 November 2008). See also Renfrew M, Fisher C, Arms S. Bestfeeding: why breast feeding is best for you and your baby. Berkeley, Cal: Celestial Arts; 2004.
3. Geddes DT, Langton DB, Gollow I, et al. Frenulotomy for breastfeeding infants with ankyloglossia: effect on milk removal and sucking mechanism as imaged by ultrasound. Pediatrics. 2008; 122(1): e188-94. Epub 2008 Jun 23.
4. McDonald PD, Ross SRM, Grant L, et al. Neonatal weight loss in breast and formula fed infants. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2003; 88: F472-6. See also van Dommelen P, van Wouwe P, Breuning-Boers JM, et al. Reference chart for relative weight change to detect hypernatraemic dehydration. Arch. Dis. Child. 2007;92;490-494; See also Crossland DS, Richmond S, Hudson M, et al. Weight change in the term baby in the first 2 weeks of life. Acta Pædiatrica. 2008; 97(4): 425–9.
5. www.ukamb.org See also Baumer JH. Guidelines for the establishment and operation of human milk banks in the UK. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed. 2004; 89(1): 27-9.
6. For a useful guideline and links on use of vitamin K seehttps://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/clinical_information/clinical_guidelines/cpg_guideline_00003
(accessed 22 December 2008)
7. Leaf A. Vitamins for babies and young children Arch Dis Child 2007;92:160-64 See also www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Maternity/Maternalandinfantnutrition/index.htm See also (for infants hospitalised and/or with health problems) www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/clinical_information/clinical_guidelines/cpg_guideline_00048/ (accessed 22 December 2008)
8. Renfrew MJ, McLoughlin M, McFadden A. Cleaning and sterilisation of infant feeding equipment: a systematic review. Public Health Nutrition. 2008; 1(11): 1188–99.
9. Department of Health. Weaning and the weaning diet. Report on Health and Social Subjects no. 46.London: HMSO, 1994.
10. Rapley G. Baby-led weaning [DVD]. www.babyfriendly.org.uk/items/resource_detail.asp?item=422 Seealso Tuning In to Mealtimes [DVD]. https://henry.org.uk/resources.html#Mealtimes-DVD
11. Wright CM, Parkinson KN, Drewett RF. Why are babies weaned early: a prospective population-based cohort study. Arch Dis Child 2004; 89: 813-16.
12. Macdougall CF, Cant AJ, Colver AF. How dangerous is food allergy in childhood: the incidence of severe and fatal allergic reactions across the UK and Ireland. Arch Dis Child. 2002; 86: 236-9. See also: Dixon V, Habeeb S, Lakshman R. Did you know this medicine has peanut butter in it, doctor? Arch Dis Child. 2007;92:654. See also Armstrong D, Rylance G. Definitive diagnosis of nut allergy. Arch Dis Child1999;80:175–77. See also Colver A, Hourihane J O’B. Are the dangers of childhood food allergy exaggerated? BMJ 2006;333:494–98
13. Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. Evidence-Based Guidelines for the Management of Children Presenting to Hospital with Diarrhoea, With or Without Vomiting. Available at: (accessed 30 December 2008).
15. Pitts NB, Boyles J, Nugent ZJ, et al. The dental caries experience of 5-year-old children in Great Britain (2005/6). Community Dent Health. 2007; 24(1):59-63
17. Marian McDonagh M, Whiting P, Bradley M. A Systematic Review of Public Water Fluoridation. NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York: 2000. https://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/pdf/fluorid.pdf (Accessed 22 December 2008).
18. McIntyre GT, McIntyre GM. Teething troubles? Brit Dent J. 2002; 192: 251–55.
20. Zamon EL, Kenny DJ. Replantation of Avulsed Primary Incisors: A Risk–Benefit Assessment J Can Dent Assoc 2001; 67:386 Available at https://www.cda-adc.ca/jcda/vol-67/issue-7/386.html (accessed 30 December 2008). See also Mori GG, Castilho LR, Nunes DC, et al. Avulsion of permanent teeth: analysis of the efficacy of an informative campaign for professionals from elementary schools. J Appl Oral Sci. 2007; 15(6): 534–8 Available at: www.scielo.br/pdf/jaos/v15n6/a15v15n6.pdf (accessed 22 November 2008).
Harlow Printing Limited was established in 1947 and is a major manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both the public and private sectors.
Accredited to both ISO 9001:2008 and 14001 you can be certain any products purchased from our company are manufactured to exacting quality and environmental standards.
Thank you for subscibing for Growth, Print and PCHR updates. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.