Links and references
1. Charpak N, Ruiz JG, Zupan J, et al. Kangaroo Mother Care: 25 years after. Acta Paediatr. 2005;94(5):514-22.
2. Cooke RW, Foulder-Hughes L. Growth impairment in the very preterm and cognitive and motor performance at 7 years. Arch Dis Child. 2003;88(6):482-87. See also Cristobal R, Oghalai JS. Hearing loss in children with very low birth weight: current review of epidemiology and pathophysiology. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2008;93(6):F462-68. See also DiBiasie A. Evidence-based review of retinopathy of prematurity prevention in VLBW and ELBW infants. Neonatal Netw. 2006;25(6):393-403.
3. Cooke RW. Health, lifestyle, and quality of life for young adults born very preterm Arch Dis Child. 2004;89(3):201-6.
4. Kirk S, Glendinning C. Developing services to support parents caring for a technology-dependent child at home. Child Care Health Dev. 2004;30(3):209-18.
5. Jacobs SE, Sokol J, Ohlsson A. The Newborn Individualized Developmental Care and Assessment Program is not supported by meta-analyses of the data.
6. J Pediatr. 2002;140(6):699-706.
7. Davies S, Hall D. Parents and professionals in partnership. Arch. Dis. Child. 2005; 90: 1053 – 57
8. Foy E. Parental grieving of childhood disability: a rural perspective. Australian Social Work. 1997; 50(1): 39–44. See also Godress J, Ozgul S, Owen C, et al. Grief experiences of parents whose children suffer from mental illness. Aust NZ J Psychiat. 2005; 39(1–2): 88–94.
9. Sloper P, Greco V, Beecham J, et al. Key worker services for disabled children: what characteristics of services lead to better outcomes for children and families? Child Care Health Dev. 2006;32(2):147-57. .
10. Mahon M, Kibirige MS Patterns of admissions for children with special needs to the paediatric assessment unit. Arch Dis Child. 2004;89(2):165-69.
11. McConachie H, Barry R, Spencer A, et al. The challenge of developing a regional database for autism spectrum disorder. Arch Dis Child. 2009;94(1):38-41
12. Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths. Recommendations for a Joint Agency Protocol for the Management of Sudden Unexpected Deaths in Infancy. 2005. Available at: www.fsid.org.uk/editpics/202-1.pdf (accessed 10 December 2008). See also: Fleming PJ, Blair PS, Sidebotham PD, et al.Investigating sudden unexpected deaths in infancy and childhood and caring for bereaved families: an integrated multiagency approach. BMJ. 2004; 328: 331–4.
13. Busta Moore D, Catlin A. Lactation suppression: forgotten aspect of care for the mother of a dying child.Pediatr Nurs. 2003; 29(5): 383–4. Available at: www.medscape.com/viewarticle/464568 (accessed 10 December 2008).
Harlow Printing Limited was established in 1947 and is a major manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both the public and private sectors.
Accredited to both ISO 9001:2008 and 14001 you can be certain any products purchased from our company are manufactured to exacting quality and environmental standards.
Thank you for subscibing for Growth, Print and PCHR updates. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.