Links and references
1. Berk LE. Child development. New York: Pearson education; 2005.
2. Department of Health. Child Health Promotion Programme 2008.www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/DH_083645 Accessed 31 December 2008.
3. de Swiet M, Dillon MJ, Littler L, et al. Measurement of blood pressure in children. BMJ. 1989; 299: 497.
4. Lous J, Burton M, Felding J, et al. Grommets (ventilation tubes) for hearing loss associated with otitis media with effusion in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;(1):CD001801.
5. Cumberland P, Rahi JS, Peckham CS. Impact of congenital colour vision defects on occupation. Arch Dis Child 2005;90:906–908.
6. Carlton J, Karnon J, Czoski-Murray C, et al. The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of screening programmes for amblyopia and strabismus in children up to the age of 4-5 years: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2008;12(25):1-194.
7. Dyck MJ, Hay D, Anderson M, et al. Is the discrepancy criterion for defining developmental disorders valid? Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2004; 45:5: 979–95. See also Dunford C, Street E, O’Connell H et al. Are referrals to occupational therapy for developmental coordination disorder appropriate? Arch Dis Child. 2004;89(2):143-47.
8. Smith RA, Sibert JR, Harper PS. Early development of boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Dev Med Child Neurol. 1990; 32(6):519-27. See also Lundy CT, Doherty GM, Hicks EM. Should creatine kinase be checked in all boys presenting with speech delay? Arch Dis Child. 2007;92(7):647-49
9. Glogowska M, Campbell R. Parental Views of Surveillance for Early Speech and Language Difficulties.Children & Society 2004; 18: 266–77
10. Ward D. The aetiology and treatment of developmental stammering in childhood. Arch Dis Child. 2008;93(1): 68–71.
11. Keen DV, Fonseca S, Wintgens A. Selective mutism: a consensus-based care pathway of good practice. Arch Dis Child. 2008; 93(10): 838–44. See also Johnson M, Wintgens A. The Selective Mutism Resource Manual. Brackley, UK: Speechmark Publishing Ltd; 2001.
12. For a useful overview of recent research and its practical implications, see Shanahan T. 2005 National Reading Panel Report: practical advice for teachers, by. https://www.learningpt.org/pdfs/literacy/nationalreading.pdf See alsohttps://www.nrcld.org/html/information/articles/ldsummit/jenkins.pdf, See also Department for Education and Skills. Learning and Teaching for Dyslexic Children. DfES 1184-2005 CDI, DfES. 2005. CDROM.https://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/publications/inclusion/1170961/
13. Mitrofan O, Paul M, Spencer N. Is aggression in children with behavioural and emotional difficulties associated with television viewing and video game playing? A systematic review. Child Care Health Dev. 2008 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print[DH4]
Harlow Printing Limited was established in 1947 and is a major manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both the public and private sectors.
Accredited to both ISO 9001:2008 and 14001 you can be certain any products purchased from our company are manufactured to exacting quality and environmental standards.
Thank you for subscibing for Growth, Print and PCHR updates. Check your inbox or spam folder to confirm your subscription.