Links and references
1. Berk LE. Child development. New York: Pearson education; 2005.
2. Department of Health. Child Health Promotion Programme 2008.www.dh.gov.uk/en/Publicationsandstatistics/Publications/DH_083645 Accessed 31 December 2008.
3. de Swiet M, Dillon MJ, Littler L, et al. Measurement of blood pressure in children. BMJ. 1989; 299: 497.
4. Lous J, Burton M, Felding J, et al. Grommets (ventilation tubes) for hearing loss associated with otitis media with effusion in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005;(1):CD001801.
5. Cumberland P, Rahi JS, Peckham CS. Impact of congenital colour vision defects on occupation. Arch Dis Child 2005;90:906–908.
6. Carlton J, Karnon J, Czoski-Murray C, et al. The clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of screening programmes for amblyopia and strabismus in children up to the age of 4-5 years: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technol Assess. 2008;12(25):1-194.
7. Dyck MJ, Hay D, Anderson M, et al. Is the discrepancy criterion for defining developmental disorders valid? Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2004; 45:5: 979–95. See also Dunford C, Street E, O’Connell H et al. Are referrals to occupational therapy for developmental coordination disorder appropriate? Arch Dis Child. 2004;89(2):143-47.
8. Smith RA, Sibert JR, Harper PS. Early development of boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Dev Med Child Neurol. 1990; 32(6):519-27. See also Lundy CT, Doherty GM, Hicks EM. Should creatine kinase be checked in all boys presenting with speech delay? Arch Dis Child. 2007;92(7):647-49
9. Glogowska M, Campbell R. Parental Views of Surveillance for Early Speech and Language Difficulties.Children & Society 2004; 18: 266–77
10. Ward D. The aetiology and treatment of developmental stammering in childhood. Arch Dis Child. 2008;93(1): 68–71.
11. Keen DV, Fonseca S, Wintgens A. Selective mutism: a consensus-based care pathway of good practice. Arch Dis Child. 2008; 93(10): 838–44. See also Johnson M, Wintgens A. The Selective Mutism Resource Manual. Brackley, UK: Speechmark Publishing Ltd; 2001.
12. For a useful overview of recent research and its practical implications, see Shanahan T. 2005 National Reading Panel Report: practical advice for teachers, by. https://www.learningpt.org/pdfs/literacy/nationalreading.pdf See alsohttps://www.nrcld.org/html/information/articles/ldsummit/jenkins.pdf, See also Department for Education and Skills. Learning and Teaching for Dyslexic Children. DfES 1184-2005 CDI, DfES. 2005. CDROM.https://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/primary/publications/inclusion/1170961/
13. Mitrofan O, Paul M, Spencer N. Is aggression in children with behavioural and emotional difficulties associated with television viewing and video game playing? A systematic review. Child Care Health Dev. 2008 Nov 12. [Epub ahead of print[DH4]
Harlow Printing Limited was established in 1947 and is a major manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both the public and private sectors.
Accredited to both ISO 9001:2008 and 14001 you can be certain any products purchased from our company are manufactured to exacting quality and environmental standards.