Links and references
1. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. The Effectiveness of Public Health Interventions to Promote the Duration of Breastfeeding; 2005. Available at: www.nice.org.uk (accessed 22 November 2008). See also National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Promotion of Breastfeeding Initiation and Duration; 2006. Available at: www.nice.org.uk (accessed 22 November 2008). See also Renfrew M, Fisher C, Arms S. Bestfeeding: why breast feeding is best for you and your baby. Berkeley, Cal: Celestial Arts; 2004.
3. Geddes DT, Langton DB, Gollow I, et al. Frenulotomy for breastfeeding infants with ankyloglossia: effect on milk removal and sucking mechanism as imaged by ultrasound. Pediatrics. 2008; 122(1): e188-94. Epub 2008 Jun 23.
4. McDonald PD, Ross SRM, Grant L, et al. Neonatal weight loss in breast and formula fed infants. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2003; 88: F472-6. See also van Dommelen P, van Wouwe P, Breuning-Boers JM, et al. Reference chart for relative weight change to detect hypernatraemic dehydration. Arch. Dis. Child. 2007;92;490-494; See also Crossland DS, Richmond S, Hudson M, et al. Weight change in the term baby in the first 2 weeks of life. Acta Pædiatrica. 2008; 97(4): 425–9.
5. www.ukamb.org See also Baumer JH. Guidelines for the establishment and operation of human milk banks in the UK. Arch Dis Child Educ Pract Ed. 2004; 89(1): 27-9.
6. For a useful guideline and links on use of vitamin K seehttp://www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/clinical_information/clinical_guidelines/cpg_guideline_00003
(accessed 22 December 2008)
7. Leaf A. Vitamins for babies and young children Arch Dis Child 2007;92:160-64 See also www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/Maternity/Maternalandinfantnutrition/index.htm See also (for infants hospitalised and/or with health problems) www.ich.ucl.ac.uk/clinical_information/clinical_guidelines/cpg_guideline_00048/ (accessed 22 December 2008)
8. Renfrew MJ, McLoughlin M, McFadden A. Cleaning and sterilisation of infant feeding equipment: a systematic review. Public Health Nutrition. 2008; 1(11): 1188–99.
9. Department of Health. Weaning and the weaning diet. Report on Health and Social Subjects no. 46.London: HMSO, 1994.
10. Rapley G. Baby-led weaning [DVD]. www.babyfriendly.org.uk/items/resource_detail.asp?item=422 Seealso Tuning In to Mealtimes [DVD]. http://henry.org.uk/resources.html#Mealtimes-DVD
11. Wright CM, Parkinson KN, Drewett RF. Why are babies weaned early: a prospective population-based cohort study. Arch Dis Child 2004; 89: 813-16.
12. Macdougall CF, Cant AJ, Colver AF. How dangerous is food allergy in childhood: the incidence of severe and fatal allergic reactions across the UK and Ireland. Arch Dis Child. 2002; 86: 236-9. See also: Dixon V, Habeeb S, Lakshman R. Did you know this medicine has peanut butter in it, doctor? Arch Dis Child. 2007;92:654. See also Armstrong D, Rylance G. Definitive diagnosis of nut allergy. Arch Dis Child1999;80:175–77. See also Colver A, Hourihane J O’B. Are the dangers of childhood food allergy exaggerated? BMJ 2006;333:494–98
13. Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. Evidence-Based Guidelines for the Management of Children Presenting to Hospital with Diarrhoea, With or Without Vomiting. Available at: (accessed 30 December 2008).
15. Pitts NB, Boyles J, Nugent ZJ, et al. The dental caries experience of 5-year-old children in Great Britain (2005/6). Community Dent Health. 2007; 24(1):59-63
17. Marian McDonagh M, Whiting P, Bradley M. A Systematic Review of Public Water Fluoridation. NHS Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York: 2000. http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/pdf/fluorid.pdf (Accessed 22 December 2008).
18. McIntyre GT, McIntyre GM. Teething troubles? Brit Dent J. 2002; 192: 251–55.
20. Zamon EL, Kenny DJ. Replantation of Avulsed Primary Incisors: A Risk–Benefit Assessment J Can Dent Assoc 2001; 67:386 Available at http://www.cda-adc.ca/jcda/vol-67/issue-7/386.html (accessed 30 December 2008). See also Mori GG, Castilho LR, Nunes DC, et al. Avulsion of permanent teeth: analysis of the efficacy of an informative campaign for professionals from elementary schools. J Appl Oral Sci. 2007; 15(6): 534–8 Available at: www.scielo.br/pdf/jaos/v15n6/a15v15n6.pdf (accessed 22 November 2008).
Harlow Printing Limited was established in 1947 and is a major manufacturer and supplier of specialist products to both the public and private sectors.
Accredited to both ISO 9001:2008 and 14001 you can be certain any products purchased from our company are manufactured to exacting quality and environmental standards.